Leonard Ubalde, PT, DPT
Leonard Ubalde is a first-year PhD student in the Interdisciplinary Neuroscience program under the supervision and mentorship of Dr. Jing Nong Liang. He received his Doctorate of Physical Therapy at UNLV, and has clinical experience in pediatric physical therapy. His research interest is improving gait and balance in the neurologic population using non-invasive neuromodulatory devices such as transcranial direct current stimulation, as well as observing the changes in the spinal circuitry and reflex pathways.
– UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA, LAS VEGAS, Las Vegas, NV, Doctorate in Physical Therapy, 2020
– UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA, LAS VEGAS, Las Vegas, NV, BS in Kinesiology, 2016
Liang JN, Ubalde L, Jacklin J, Hobson P, Wright-Avila S and Lee Y-J (2020) Immediate Effects of Anodal Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation on Postural Stability Using Computerized Dynamic Posturography in People With Chronic Post-stroke Hemiparesis. Front. Hum. Neurosci. 14:341. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2020.00341
- Class of 2023: Jose Galvaz, Linh Nguyen, Brandon Yee.
- Class of 2022: Savanna Budge, Austin Madriaga, Kara Meske, Derrick Nguyenton.
- Class of 2021: Jynelle Marie Arches, Megan Keohane, Wee Jin Jed Lee, Aaron Simon, Rafael Cabrera, John Patrick Gan, Lana Laudermilch, Benjamin Wolkenhauer.
- Class of 2020: Peyton Hobson, Jordon Jacklin, Leonard Ubalde, Sara Wright-Avila, Victor Hung, Amanda Reilly, Rachel Wood, Nikita Yuskov.
- Class of 2019: Corey Ackley, Kiley Aki, Joshua Arias, Kylie Henry, Sage Lyons, Neil Drobitch, James Schomig, Jassie Trinh.
- Class of 2018: Eric Akoopie, Brooke Conway, Trisha Koch.